Property owners who want to keep their heating systems running like a well-oiled machine should stay on top of regular maintenance. With this proactive approach, they give themselves the best chance at avoiding an untimely outage and for catching problems before they become too serious. And it’s always a good idea to have a Tucson heating maintenance professional take a periodic look at the system.
Signature Heating and Cooling is a locally-owned business with a deep and talented team of HVAC pros. We serve both English and Spanish-speaking customers throughout the Tucson area.
The good news for property owners is that there are some practical DIY steps that they can safely take. That includes the following:
- Change the filters regularly: Filters should be changed at least once every three months, and perhaps more often if you have pets or allergies. Dirty or clogged filters can impair air flow and reduce efficiency.
- Clean air registers: This can be done by using a vacuum cleaner or damp cloth to remove dust, dirt, and pet hair that can obstruct airflow.
- Inspect ductwork: If you're experiencing inconsistent temperatures, one possible cause could be leaky ductwork due to holes or cracks along its length.
- Clean your thermostat: Dust that accumulates on the thermostat's sensing bulb will interfere with accurate readings.
- Check your thermostat settings: Make sure your thermostat is set correctly. When a thermostat has to overwork to keep pace with inaccurate settings, it will result in higher energy and greater wear-and-tear on equipment.
- Clear debris from around outdoor units: Debris like leaves and grass clippings should be cleared away from around outdoor units. They block ventilation openings that allow for proper heat transfer from outside to inside. It’s also important to ensure there is no standing water nearby, as this could cause damage to electrical components within the unit itself.
When DIY is no longer enough, call in our experienced Tucson heating maintenance techs.
How Often Should I Schedule Heating Maintenance?
Schedule heating maintenance yearly for peak performance. Regular checks identify and address issues, ensuring smooth operation. This boosts equipment lifespan, cuts energy use, and enhances safety. Gain peace of mind in colder months by prioritizing these simple steps.
Good professional maintenance, including an annual tune-up, can give property owners the following benefits.
- Improved Efficiency: Professional maintenance of a heating system helps to ensure that it runs at peak efficiency, from the perspective of price and performance.
- Reduced Risk of Breakdowns: Regular maintenance helps to reduce the risk of breakdowns, meaning that you won’t have to worry about unexpected repair , or being left without heat on our cold desert nights.
- Extended Lifespan: Professional maintenance can help extend the lifespan of your heating system and put off replacement as long as reasonably possible.
- Improved Air Quality: Regularly maintained systems are less likely to suffer from dust buildup or other air quality issues. Improved indoor air quality can mean better overall health for everyone who lives at a home or works at a business. For business owners, this can also mean reduced liability exposure.
- The Value of Time & Peace: All property owners are different, but we’re confident in saying that every last one of them has more valuable uses of their time than working on their HVAC system. Turning to our Tucson heating maintenance pros can help property owners do something more valuable with their time, and give increased peace of mind in the process.
Reliable Maintenance Work You Can Trust
Like any locally-owned business, Signature Heating and Cooling relies on our good reputation as the key to success. Every time we make a service call, we’re committed to earning the trust, confidence, and goodwill of the person we’re there to serve. Let us serve you next.