When faced with a malfunctioning heating system, property owners may be tempted to try and resolve the issue themselves. When basic DIY maintenance doesn’t work, it is highly recommended that people call in an experienced Tucson heating repair professional.
Awareness of the signs that a heating system needs repair may help avoid potentially costly problems down the line. Here are some common signs that our Tucson heating repair tech should get a call:
- Loud Noises: Unusual clanking, banging and rattling noises coming from the heater could indicate a variety of issues, such as loose components or parts that need to be replaced.
- Poor Airflow: If a heater is blowing cool air or not providing enough heat, this could indicate a problem with the blower motor or other components, from the thermostat to the ductwork.
- System Short Cycling: If your heating system keeps turning on and off without properly warming up your home, this could mean an issue with thermostat calibration, poor airflow, or even a broken component within the furnace itself.
- Carbon Monoxide Leaks: A dangerous carbon monoxide leak can occur when your exhaust vent has become blocked with debris. This will require immediate attention from a qualified technician. Call Signature Heating and Cooling at (520) 341-5564 or reach out here online immediately when this happens.
- Increased Energy Bills: Check for abnormal increases in energy bills, as these may indicate issues such as dirt buildup in filters, insulation problems, duct leaks and more.
The Risks of DIY Repair
DIY repairs on a heating system can seem like an easy way to save money, but there are some very real risks associated with this type of work. Here are some of the top dangers associated with attempting DIY heating system repair:
- Inadequate Repair: Unless a property owner has extensive HVAC knowledge, chances are the repair may not be adequate. This could lead to more problems down the line, and ultimately cost more money than if a Tucson heating repair pro had simply been called at the outset.
- Damage to Components: A lack of familiarity with how the system works and how its components should be handled can lead to further damage, turning a minor problem into potentially a major one.
- Personal Injury: Electric shock, burns, or other injuries can occur from improper handling. Professionals know the right protocol to follow for their safety.
- Your Time Is Valuable: When people are at home, they can spend time with family, friends, or cherished hobbies. When people are at work, they can spend that time generating revenue for the business. The time spent trying to fix an HVAC system takes away from that, even in the best of circumstances.
Signature Heating and Cooling offers customers over 17 years of experience handling difficult repair issues. We pride ourselves giving people a reliable diagnosis and an efficient repair job. The good reputation we’ve built over the years in the Tucson area points to the success of those efforts.